Thursday, July 21, 2011

Would you care to care to dance?

Sometimes life is hard….scratch that, majority of the time life is hard. Headaches used to plague me. I would wake up with my head pounding and go to bed with it still accompanying me, popping Tylenol like they were skittles. Then one day it dawned on me. I was clenching my jaw so tightly it would take a crowbar to unhinge it. Why? Because I was stressed, frustrated and exhausted.  

So what’s my cure for the stressed, frustrated and exhausted? Easy….

 Step one: Close all the curtains, blinds, shutters (believe me when I say, no one’s gonna wanna see this)

Step two: Find whatever song you’re into now and blare it (I mean it…blare it until you can’t seem to come up with a coherent thought)

 Step three: let go and dance.  (it might start off slow, a foot tap, a bouncing shoulder, but just go with it until you’re jumping up and down flailing your arms and legs. I agree, it might be a very loose definition of dancing, but do it anyway.)

This ‘cure’ does a multiple of things. It’s great exercise. It gets the endorphins pumping. But mainly, it lets you get out of your overcrowded mind for a little bit. It’s kinda like a vacation for your brain. You don’t have to think when you are dancing, just let the music move you, pulsate through you. Let it breathe for you, pump the blood for you. Before you know it, a smile will appear and maybe even a few giggles will escape.

***side bar to all the parents: This is great if one of your ‘stressors’ is under 4 feet and runs around calling you mommy. Kids love to dance too and they’ll think it’s hilarious to see mommy doing it with them.

*** here’s a link to some ‘cure’ songs for me. (Don’t ask. For some reason I’m into old movie songs right now. Don’t worry, it’ll pass)

http://pl.st/p/22171644427

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.